I m suffering from thyroid disorder since my pregnancy. i have gained lot of weight and become obese. Swelling in legs face..my mitral valve has also been replaced in year 2003..I have one daughter delivered through c section surgery in 2009
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
Hello, continue your Thyroid medication, have regular followup for it, which helps to titrate the proper dose for hypothyroidism, helps to control weight, you need to limit your daily calorie intake. Certain guidelines that need to be considered for weight loss are:
1. Have 4 to 6 small meals and snacks everyday rather than 3 large meals. This will help you in controlling your hunger and the nutrients are also utilized effectively.
2. Plan your diet chart in advance. Hasty and incomplete planning can make you confused and can increase the temptation towards fatty and junk foods.
3. Chew your food properly as this can help you in reducing weight.
4. Plan your food items effectively. Include whole grain cereals, pulses, legumes, vegetables, fruits and water in your everyday diet.
5. Avoid fatty foods or high caloric foods. Avoid sugary foods, pastries and sweets.
6. Include large amounts of fruits and vegetables. Walking for 20min helps to lose weight, adding some cardio workout to your daily routine helps to lose weight faster, but before starting your exercise consult to cardiologist regarding the exercise you can you.