diabetes-icon

Hypothyroidism

Feb 2014 My TSH was 10.44, Anti Thyroglobulin Antibodies were 272.20 U/ml, Anti-Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies were >1300.00. FNAC report suggested Lymphocytic Thyroiditis. Ultrasound report showed thyroiditis. So my endocrinologist gave me Thyroxine of 100 mcg. My weight was 85kg. So he gave Lipophage tablet for one year of 60 mcg. May 2014 TSH was 0.07 September 2014 was 3.53 I wasn't still feeling well so I consulted An Ayurvedic Doctor this year. I had got chickenpox in December 2015 so I stopped taking thyroxine medication. On Feb 2016 ,ESR was 38mm in 1st hr. TSH was 13.29. Alkaline Phosphate was 125.8 Hs-CRP was 2.2 mg/L. So doctor gave me Thyroxine of 100 mcg , and three months dosage of Thriphala , Shoth & Gandhmala Tablets. On May 2016 TSH was 0.05 , Alkaline Phosphatse was 129.7 u/Ln, Hs-CRP was 3.97. I am really tensed with such reports. If any doctor can please give me a clear idea as to what is happening with me. I would really appreciate. My current weight is 73kg.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hypothyroidism

Dr. Nikhil Prabhu Mumbai | Diabetologist
IMO you might require a life long supplementation of levothyroxine. As per your weight and history thyronorm 88 mcg is appox dose you might require to continue. Dose is appropriate if it is able to maintain your TSH in normal range. If you are married and planning for conception then even tighter control of TSH is required (<2.5). Normally it takes around 6 weeks to reflect change in TSH so you can repeat test after this period for dose adjustment.