cardiologist-icon

Hypertension

My bp is normally 135-150/70-85. All tests like blood and ecg are normal. During anxeity it shoots up very fast and can go up to 170/90 but then comes to 140/80 within 1-2 hrs. I am on low sodium diet and regular mild exercise. Cardiologist says not to start conventional bp meds yet. I am really confused . Is such a bp reading a cause of serious concern. Also there is a strange feature while taking bp reading as per krotokoff technique,the first sound (systolic)is herd at 135-150 then it vanishes then reappears after 5-10 points at 125-145 . Is this phenomena an indication of something. Pls help
views-icons 53 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
General Physician 5 yrs exp Ambedkar Nagar

Adopt DASH No need for antihypertensive as of now Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist

hello well the initial readings what you give is prehypertension and doing exercise and being on no salt diet is enough for it... and I don't understand the readings of 17080 what you're telling me I have been recorded or not it's better to follow the cardiologist advice for now thank you