cardiologist-icon

Hypertension

My bp is normally 135-150/70-85. All tests like blood and ecg are normal. During anxeity it shoots up very fast and can go up to 170/90 but then comes to 140/80 within 1-2 hrs. I am on low sodium diet and regular mild exercise. Cardiologist says not to start conventional bp meds yet. I am really confused . Is such a bp reading a cause of serious concern. Also there is a strange feature while taking bp reading as per krotokoff technique,the first sound (systolic)is herd at 135-150 then it vanishes then reappears after 5-10 points at 125-145 . Is this phenomena an indication of something. Pls help
views-icons 34 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Hypertension

Dr. Ashish Srivastava Noida | General Physician
Adopt DASH
No need for antihypertensive as of now
Dr Ashish Srivastava
General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
hello well the initial readings what you give is prehypertension and doing exercise and being on no salt diet is enough for it... and I don't understand the readings of 17080 what you're telling me I have been recorded or not it's better to follow the cardiologist advice for now thank you