Hyperhydrosis
Hi doc , I have excession sweating isssues especillay in my armpit region .. its pretty embarassing at times .. cud u suggest me any ways of curing this permanently ? I hav lookd up some sites on this .. they say fr laser treatment or even sweat shields .. bt i havent trued anything yet .. pls help .. Regards

Dr. Pradnya Shastri
Trichologist 10 yrs exp Mumbai

There are millions of sweat glands and sweating is a physiological process that is necessary for the body to cool down. When it becomes excessive it can be troublesome. But as far as my knowledge goes lasers are not being used to reduce sweating..And even if they are I doubt how efficacious they will be. The one very important factor for excessive sweating is people who are emotionally driven. Those who are anxious, think too much, are affected with the slightest comments, aggressive etc tend to sweat profusely under circumstances. This is called sympathetic overdrive(related to nerves) . There are treatments like sympathectomy but it's a surgery and there is no guarantee it will work. Botox injections have been tried but they need to be repeated every 6 months. So, nothing per say gives the perfect result ...but techniques to modify your personality work better . So try to do that. Maybe that might help.