Hydronefrotic kidney

Sir, my DTPA GFR result 92ml/min(R)&12ml/min(L). I taken tretment by UROLOGIST dr. Ajay sharma SGRH NEW DELHI. I ASK,CAN LEFT KIDNEY GFR INCREASED BY DRUGS OR I CONTACT ANY NEPHROLOGIST. DR. ADVISE ME TO DON'T REMOVE KIDNEY. ALSO MY KIDNEY IS NOT IN GOOD SHAPE AND OPERATED IN 2008. BECAUSE URATER WAS BIOCK OR INFECTED

Dr. Prashant C Dheerendra
Nephrologist/Renal Specialist 12 yrs exp Chandigarh
Dear Sir, a chronically damaged, hydronephrotic kidney with just 12ml /min function cannot be managed with medicines to improve kidney function. The good news is that the other kidney is doing the job of both the kidneys quite well as of now. If the damaged kidney is not causing any problems like repeated infections then the urologist would not want to unnecessarily remove it. Keep following up with the urologist as per his directions and hopefully everything will work out in the long run.