Hydradenitis suppurrativa

Iam suffering from hydradenetis suppurrativa axilla For the past 20 years. I would like to know if any new Invention of treatment has come. And since I have For 20 long years will I get skin cancer or any other Complication.
views-icons 21 Views 2 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Vijay Adhe
Dermatologist 10 yrs exp Mumbai
Hi, Greetings Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a long standing condition causing boils which heal with scarring. Any long standing scar is a risk factor for skin cancer but the risk is very small. You need to be observant for any changes in scar morphology like warty growth in the scar. If not sure then it is always better to get it checked from a qualified Dermatologist to confirm the same. As far newer inventions you asked, biologics like Adalimumab are new molecules effective in the treatment of HS. Ask you Dermatologist for same. Hope this helps Dr Vijay Adhe Eternis Skin & Hair Clinic Kothrud, Pune