Hiv and pep related query
Hello Yesterday while having inter course with a sex worker. My condom broke and I immediately took out my Penis, after that I didn't continue. I asked her about her hiv status which she is unaware and never took any hiv test. Immediately I went to sexiolgist who put me on pep medication after 20 hours from exposure. I am feeling kind of scared. Will pep help me or what are chances of getting hiv. Please help

Dr. Vinay Gupta
Sexologist 32 yrs exp Bilaspur

Don't worry. In a Singal incident of unprotected sex, chances of hiv is very less. U should be careful in future. Keep on hiv test done every three months for some time.