Hips Joint Problem

During Pregnancy I have got a mild cramp in Hips joint (right side). Now that I had delivered a baby on 14 May 2016, and after the delivery I had to undergo a X-Ray on the hips joint and the report says that I have a air fracture. How long would it take to get rid of it, or how long it may take to get that cured.?? At the moment I am using Combiflam, PAN 40, BNC. Should these tablets suffice.??

Doctor Answers (1) on Hips Joint Problem

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, The main treatment for hairline fractures is refraining from doing activities that can aggravate the injury for approximately one month and half. Once the bone has been healed of its minute cracks, you can start resuming your normal activities gradually. In cases when extreme pain is experienced, the affected area must be put at rest and must be immobilized with bracing or supportive orthotics. walking crutches can also be recommended but only when normal movements are already affected. Use of analgesics (combiflam) is also prescribed when the pain is unbearable. You can better visit physical therapists so that they could be advised with strengthening exercises that are non-weight bearing like swimming. Fortunately, hairline fractures rarely need surgery because they can be easily mended with just two weeks of rest. However, the injury can still worsen if the fractures are not given appropriate medical attention. Have regular follow up with your orthopedician.