diabetes-icon
High sugar level
Hi, Recently i tested my sugar level and it was really high (fasting : 210 and PP : 318) , for a precaution i have started taking less carbohydrates and increased the protein and fibre diet also i walk for 8 kms daily , just would like to know if i can reduce the sugar level if i keep this in my daily routine or medicine is required to reduce the level, please suggest

Dr. Sheetal Aversekar
Diabetologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

It is commendable that you have started dietary changes.However I suggest you visit your doctor as your sugar level requires treatment with medicines too. Also, it is better that you learn about dietary changes from your doctor rather than doing it yourself. Crash diets shouldnt be attempted and the balance in dietary carbohydrates, proteins and fats needs to be maintained rather than reducing carbohydrates to a very low level. Excessive protein intake isnt good for your body. Wish you a healthy life.