High BP 216/123

Hi, Thank you for your response in advance. My mil started to fall while going about her daily chores since yesterday. Checked her BP and it showed the captioned results. She only on vitamins medication. What could be the reason? Which test/s needs to be done?

Hello there. I can understand your concern. She is a hypertensive. Why is she not on antihypertensives? You should consult a MD consultant physician in person and there will be a battery of tests need to be done. The blood pressure levels are alarmingly high. It needs to be treated urgently and its also a medical emergency. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Sameer Sahay
Consultant Physician 9 yrs exp Pune

You should be concerned. BP could have been an undiagnosed preexisting problem and would be easily treated. However it could also be secondary to kidney disease or more importantly could be associated with stroke and hence the fall. She needs a proper clinical examination to determine the cause. Tests would be done to confirm or refute the diagnosis. Regards