Hi my is having pco

We r trying for pregnancy, but she is having pco problem.and doctor suggested to use ovacet tab. But I read in website as this medicine should not use if trying for pregnancy.please help us. And she is over weight.can we use the medicine r we can stop.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hi my is having pco

hi ,thanks for sharing your doubt. pcod is syndrome with a spectrum  of symptoms problems and needs.
in your questione you say your wife has pcod ,over weight and she is 23 yrs.for having a baby we test both the partners. i presume  your semen analysis and male factor is ok
your doctor has given ovacett it has inositol  folate and vitamin. it cannot harm her. it might trigger the ovulation hence help in pregnancy. but i do not believe in combination formulations  like this at the maximum can  act as a suppliment.
as far as your wife is concerned we have to work on her diet exercise and lifestyle.

blood test for hormones 1 to see if she has ovulation  problem by day 21 progesterone. 2  blood test for hba1c vit d vit b12  fasting postprandial sugar lipidprofile and and ecg with regards to obesity. it will also help us plan her diet and exercise.
weight is closely linked to ovulation and fertilty.when we take these  steps from reproductive endocrinolgy possibly start her on thyroid if found hypothyroid or insulin sensitisers like metformin based on the reports if found hyper prolactinaemic controle prolactin level with combined diet and exercise either ovulation happens