Hernia problem

My friend is having hernia but there are no problems as such due to this . My question is is it necessary to go for operation or any other medication is available for this ? Will it give trouble in the future life ? What are the ways to tackle ?

Doctor Answers (2) on Hernia problem

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern...Surgery is the best choice for hernia...there is something called herniorrhaphy with hernioplasty..in which the surgeon makes an incision in your groin and pushes the protruding contents back into your abdomen and the weak area often is reinforced and supported with a synthetic mesh...Consult nearest surgeon they will do the needful.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi......, In general, all hernias should be repaired unless severe preexisting medical conditions make surgery unsafe. The possible exception to this is a hernia with a large opening. Trusses and surgical belts or bindings may be helpful in holding back the protrusion of selected hernias when surgery is not possible or must be delayed..... Avoid activities that increase intra-abdominal pressure (lifting, coughing, or straining) that may cause the hernia to increase in size.....