HepatitisB positive

I got to know that i am hbsag positive during my medical test for job visa for going dubai in march 2010 for that reason I am not permitted for going abroad further I got full medical check up in cmc vellore in 2010 the results are chronic hbv infection , E antigen negative, IGM CORE NEGATIVE, VIRAL LOAD 359 IU/ML. The doctor suggest to check viral load in every six month and for lever biopsy but I till now I didn't check viral load and for biopsy but now I am fully fit and dont have any medical problems. In 2015 I got married and I got my wife vaccinated for three doses hepatitis B. Now I wanna ask what should I do, did I take any test for myself for any further hbsag infection or precautionary measure and secondly I am planning for baby what precautionary measure we should take so that our baby would not be infected with Hepatitis B and is there any test for my wife to check the results or effect Hepatitis B vaccination. kindly guide me.

Doctor Answers (1) on HepatitisB positive

Dr. R. Kamalakannan Chennai | Gastroenterologist
You should check your wife's anti HBsAg level which indicates her protection status.  You should have undergone periodical test for HBV infection to track about your disease course which means it is necessitate antiviral treatment. If everything is alright consult with a Hepatologist regarding having a baby.  Proper guidance are available to avoid infection in baby.