Hbsag positive
What is the difference between hbsag test done by elisa and elfa method? I am a bit confused since the my wife is hbsag positive and her hbsag elfa method test results are varying after every 12 weeks. What does it mean? if the percentage decreases does that mean that she is recovering? please suggest in this regards.

Dr. Swarup Kumar Ghosh
General Physician 23 yrs exp Kolkata

Same flow
Hello ......The Enzyme-Linked Fluourescent Assay (ELFA) is a slightly newer version of the Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) test. Both work in a similar way but the ELFA has a window period which is about 5 days shorter than the ELISA test...antibodies to hbsag is sign of recovery from diseases......