Hepatitis B Vaccination
Hi!! 11 years back, I started taking vaccination for Hepatitis B as suggested by one of the doctor. I was supposed to get 3 doses. 1st one was scheduled on 18/12/2004... 2nd dose was scheduled on 18/1/2005... 3rd dose was scheduled on 21/06/2005. After that I was supposed to get a booster dose after every 5 years. The problem is I took the 1st and 2nd dose only .. I forgot to take the 3rd dose... And I have not taken any booster dose... So wat should I do now?? Please guide me. Will there be any problem in future? Can I get the vaccination now?

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
General Physician 18 yrs exp Chennai

You need to do the test for antibodies and decide accordingly
Dr. Ravindra Mishra
General Physician 7 yrs exp Mumbai
Take all 3 doses again according to schedule
Dr. Bodhisatwa Choudhuri
General Physician 10 yrs exp Kolkata
Ideally you should have taken the third dose. As you have missed it, now you have to check your Anti-HBs antibody titre level. If it is more than 10million units/l, then you will need only the booster dose, which is to be repeated every 5-10 years. If the titer is less,than 10million units/l, then you'll have to repeat the entire course of vaccination (all 3 doses). Hope this helps.

Hepatitis a vaccination booster