Hepatitis B Vaccination

Hi!! 11 years back, I started taking vaccination for Hepatitis B as suggested by one of the doctor. I was supposed to get 3 doses. 1st one was scheduled on 18/12/2004... 2nd dose was scheduled on 18/1/2005... 3rd dose was scheduled on 21/06/2005. After that I was supposed to get a booster dose after every 5 years. The problem is I took the 1st and 2nd dose only .. I forgot to take the 3rd dose... And I have not taken any booster dose... So wat should I do now?? Please guide me. Will there be any problem in future? Can I get the vaccination now?

Doctor Answers (3) on Hepatitis B Vaccination

Dr Ravindra Mishra Mumbai | General Physician
Take all 3 doses again according to schedule
You need to do the test for antibodies and decide accordingly
Dr. Bodhisatwa Choudhuri Kolkata | General Physician
Ideally you should have taken the third dose. As you have missed it, now you have to check your Anti-HBs antibody titre level. If it is more than 10million units/l, then you will need only the booster dose, which is to be repeated every 5-10 years. If the titer is less,than 10million units/l, then you'll have to repeat the entire course of vaccination (all 3 doses). Hope this helps.