Heartbeat was fast

While i was sleeping in the night suddenly i felt that my hearbeat had become 'louder' and 'harder'. Dont know how to put it across. It stayed for a few seconds and then all was normal. I continued sleeping and got up in the morning to realise what had happened.

Doctor Answers (2) on Heartbeat was fast

Hello, Welcome to practo. What you are describing is palpitation. This could be phasic stress induced caused by emotional subconscious upheaval... pertaining to dreams or just some lingering stress induced condition. What you need to verify is the frequency and intensity of complaints..also Any associated complaints like breathlessness or excessive sweating.As of now it doesn't seem alarming...but to be doubly sure you can just get a routine ECG monitoring done.Hope you are satisfied.Please keep me posted for NY further queries.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, it is due to a mild anxiety which you have experienced through your bad dreams. And its quite normal...