Heart burn

From last 4 days I'm suffering from heart burn and while swallowing food and even water. From morning itself feel lyk pain and burning sensation. Sometimes I hav gas issues ,I'm having pantocid tablets in d mrng and digene 3 times a day,but there is no improvement , what should I do ? Is it because of acidity ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Heart burn

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,, 1.Refined Food – Refined food like white bread, refined sugar is difficult to digest and leads to increased irritation on the stomach lining. Thus, food like pastries, burgers etc should be avoided. 2.Fat – Gastritis is basically the inflammation of the stomach lining, which is enhanced due to fatty acids. Sources of fatty acids are fried chicken, fried onions, fried eggs etc. Boiled eggs are safe but fried eggs are a great source of fatty acids, which increases the stomach lining inflammation. 3.Spicy Food – Spicy food needless to say increases inflammation in the stomach. Spicy food may include direct intake of chillies, intake of high amount of spice everyday, mustard etc. Here is what to eat - eat fresh fruits and vegetables which has high fibre helps with gastritis . There is no restrictions to drinking water. Don't skip any meals. Instead of taking plain pantop take pantop+domperidone combination (pan-d) which will help you with heart burn, don't sleep immediately after food, take a walk for15 min.