chest-icon

Heart attack & pul edima

I got my angioplasty done in march 2015 & after 4&1/2 months developed pulmonery edima & was ventilator for 6 days . Recovering for last 9 months . Will i be able to lead normal life , travelling abroad & after how much time . My all the parameters r in control now . Sugar level is 92-98 / 135-140, Haemoglobin is 10.3 , creatinine is 0.9 . My weight has reduced by 13 kgs & now 57 kgs . Since i am in business & looking after mktg , i have to travel much & now for 9 months feeling like crippled life . Need your advise .

Hello There. I can understand your concern. yes you will be able to lead a normal life, you just have to follow all the diet advise and have to take all the medications on time as suggested by your doctor. avoid oily and spicy foods, avoid foods with high glycemic index like rice, coconut etc if you are a diabetic. have a salt restricted diet. drink lots of water. No smoking and No alcoholic beverages. No carbonated beverages also. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain