Health drink for kids

My son is just 7yrs, I used to give PEDIASURE for my kid earlier, but my kid was only putting on weight and lost appetite. But, I gave him for almost three years. So, I stopped and people told me all drinks are the same, he used to have COMPLAN, now that's also stopped. Can you tell me what is true and whether I should give my kid anything with his milk or just plain, if yes, which one?

Doctor Answers (1) on Health drink for kids

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. All drinks have lots of sugars, little proteins and some vitamins and minerals. If you give him enough fruits and vegetables, proteins can be obtained from eggs/pulses. Then milk you may give him plain. It's not necessary to add something to milk. Milk is very good as it is. So my advice would be to give him natural things rather than these powders. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain