Headache and memory loss

Hi recently I met a ent specialist he told me that by seeing my Pns scan ur sinus was totally blocked and it is difficult to remove by medicine so suggested to go for operation and I'm getting severe one side headache from last 7-8years. Nowadays weekly 3-4days I'll be getting headaches. I have short term memory loss also is this due to sinusitis . So by undergoing surgery will my problem will be solved and is there any side-effects after surgery ( any swelling of nose or any other) now he given me spiromontfa tablet for 20 days and xylomist drops for nose . Now tablet also almost going to complete so what's ur suggestion shall I go for operation or not.

Doctor Answers (1) on Headache and memory loss

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | Otologist/ Neurotologist
Your ENT Surgeon is right in that you need surgeon to unblock your upper airways....but it is only the first step of your treatment. After surgery, you will need years of intranasal corticosteroid sprays along with allergy counselling and regular follow-up visits, to prevent this condition from recurring! Keep this in mind before you go in for surgery or you will be returning to the operating table in another 3 years time!