Head lump.

I have a large lump on my head. It does not pain but it has been present since a long time. My granny had it as well as my aunt also. Please suggest a remedy. Will i have to undergo surgery for it. It is really embarrassing for me. The lump is beneath my hair.

Doctor Answers (2) on Head lump.

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Is this lump compressible? Or is it a hard swelling? It could be a sebaceous cyst. Kindly consult a general surgeon for examination and management of the same. If it needs to be removed by surgery, then the surgeon will tell you. If it doesn't pain or doesn't increase in size, it may not be harmful but still a clinical evaluation will be required. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Anil B Sheth Ahmedabad | General Physician
Hi, Is this lump increases in size ?if not then u may not worry. if u find that it increases in size then u need to consult DR. for further evaluation.