diabetes-icon
Harmonal hair growth
I have excessive hair growth on my face. Is there any permanent solutions to get rid off the hair. I am not taking any medicine. In past I had tsken but ws feed up n stopped it.

Dr. Nikhil Prabhu
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Are you overweight or obese ? If yes weight loss with diet and exercise will reduce symptoms. hirsuitism or excess facial hairs commonly seen in females with PCOS. This is due to excess male hormones or androgens. You need to check insulin fasting, HbA1c and USG ovaries to confirm PCOS. FSH,LH,Prolactin ,Sr testosterone free and total, AMH, SHBG,DHEAS tests can be done after consulting any diabetologist or endocrinologist as per opinion. Certain insulin sensitizers like metformin can help in this symptoms but prior investigations and endocrinologist opinion is required.