Hands dry out very often
Since few days I feel my hands dry out & I've to wet them with water to feel comfortable.I used Vaseline lotion & still no result.Only relief is if I wet them.I don't feel any itch or irritation.When I wet them, water evaporates so quickly and I've to regularly wet them. What's wrong with hands and what's the solution.

Dr. Rajdeep

You are probably getting dehydrated because of the heat. Try increasing your water intake and see if that helps. Hands are one of the areas through which body loses heat, you can try using cold water and see if that helps. In some conditions nerve damage which has occurred can reduce the normal sweating on the hands and make it very dry. If it doesn't improve with general measures you could get an opinion from a neurologist or a physician. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore