Hand shakes when i write

Sir my age is 43 years and I am diabetic since 12years,my hand is shaking when I want write, it becomes severe in front of others,even when I was young it used to happen when I used to write exams. What might be the reason, please guide me with medicines. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (3) on Hand shakes when i write

Dear Sir This is called tremors You need to consult a neurosurgeon
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. Thank you for your question. I can understand your query. Does it happen when you are not in front of anyone also? Has it worsened since your childhood. Your complain is consistent with something called essential tremor. In these very small jerky movements are seen which you say like the movements in your hands while you write. In times of stress like when you are writing the exams or any other important thing or in front of others you may find it increases. Don't have to worry much about it. Just consult a nearest physician for further examination and prescription. Best regards. Dr Anil Kumar Jain.
Naresh Kumar Monigari Karimnagar | Consultant Physician
Hello, hand shaking from young age suggests most probable etiology as essential tremor. It increases during times of stress and anxiety and decreases during alcohol intake. If this is embarrassing or disturbing you much we can start beta blocker like metoprolol which will decrease tremor..