Hairloss treatment

This is my situation. I also have dandruff. So please tell me the preventive measures(about diet etc),treatment and how long should I continue the treatment?

Doctor Answers (1) on Hairloss treatment

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
You are suffering from Androgenetic alopecia. I have already written many posts on this. This is a progressive hairloss. So the more you delay the worse it will get. I can only guess because the picture is only from one angle and doesn't give me an overall picture of your scalp. For dandruff you will need to use either medicated on non medicated anti dandruff shampoos. If it is very severe you will need some tablets as well. Dandruff can be controlled in a month but treatment for hairloss takes several months. You will need to visit a dermatologist for prescription and confirming the diagnosis clinically. You will notice improvement in about 3 to 4 months of treatment and will have to continue medications for atleast one year. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore