Hairline fractured finger
Hello My brother banged his hand 20days back injuring his little finger of left hand with little swelling and bearable pain.. But with the time passing there was no betterment in his condition or wot so ever. So Today he went to see doctor and found out he has hairline fracture. Since it's already been 20 days doc suggested against plastering it.. He suggested it may not heal now.. What sud we do.. Is his finger ganna remain like this forever??

Dr. Tanoy Bose
Internal Medicine 13 yrs exp Kolkata

Of course not. The finger is going to heal. Your brother needs to get his last two fingers I.e. the fractured one and the one beside it strapped in extended posture for 3 weeks. It would heal