Hairfall, Scalp Condition

I get small acnes all over my scalp every few days. My scalp smells bad on 2nd day of shampooing and thr is constant mild pain if I touch my scalp.I observe higher hairfall on next day whn I shampoo. This is happenning since 3-4 years now. I may also have minor case of Seborrheic Eczema. Please suggest some medication.
views-icons 158 Views 5 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Hairfall, Scalp Condition

Dr. Rasya Dixit Bangalore | Dermatologist
Hi
It looks like you have an excessive secretion of oil or sebum over the scalp.  In this condition the oil glands associated with the hair glands get infected and cause folliculitis. This is what the pus and pain is due to. recurring infections lead to hair loss.

Stop oiling your scalp and try to exercise and eat a healthy diet. This reduces over all sebum secretion. Use a shampoo for oily scalp containing selenium sulfide and or ketoconazole. If there is no improvement do visit a dermatologist so they can start you on oral medicines