Hairfall due to thyroid

I am a 21 year old female i have hypothyroidism since the age of 7-8. but it was under control. few months back there was some imbalance in my TSH levels due to which i lost 60% of my hair. there is no baldness but my hair is very thin. now my thyroid is under control. i take thyronorm 100mg and thyrowel for thyroid and vitamin E, zinc and folic acid for hairloss since 2 months. now hairfall has reduced but there is no hairgrowth. please help me out

Doctor Answers (2) on Hairfall due to thyroid

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
Hey, Have you visited a dermatologist yet? You should. We need to figure out what sort of baldness (assuming it's baldness in the first place) it is. Under conditions of duress the hair is the amongst the first to get affected. But depending on the pathology behind the hair fall you could get back the hair. A proper physical examination of your hair and scalp is needed.
Take the medicinea properly. Keep thyroid problem under control. The problem could have triggered female balding. You will require treatments to regain back the lost thickness. Take care. Stay healthy. Regards, Dr. Jolly Shah DNB Dermatology, Mumbai.