Hairfall and dandruff

I have a lot hairfall n dandruff. Due to dandruff i heard you also get pimples and have loads on my forehead and cheeks. Any help in reducing all of those? About me: unusual work timings/stress

Doctor Answers (1) on Hairfall and dandruff

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
The speed of hair growth varies based upon genetics, gender, age, hormones. It may be reduced by nutrient deficiency (i.e., anorexia, anemia, zinc deficiency) and hormonal fluctuations.Essential omega-3 fatty acids, protein, vitamin B12, and iron, prevent a dry scalp and dull hair color. vitamins A and C, which help with production of sebum and provide a natural hair conditioner. Protein promote hair growth. Biotin functions to activate certain enzymes that aid in metabolism of carbon dioxide as well as protein, fats, and carbohydrates. A deficiency in biotin intake can cause brittle hair and can lead to hair loss. Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) gives hair flexibility, strength and shine and helps prevent hair loss and greying. Coming to dandruff-Several ingredients were found to be safe and effective for self-treatment of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. Salicylic acid, selenium sulfide, zinc pyrithione and coal tar are effective in treating both conditions while sulfur and ketoconzole are effective in treating dandruff only.consult nearest dermatologist for further management.