Hairfall and dandruff

Around 4-5 strands of hair falls when I move my hand through the hair And along with that there is serious dandruff now which wasn't there earlier. So I started using this shampoo - nuetrogena original shampoo which has tar in it, but even that's not helping What should I do to remove dandruff and what precautions?

Doctor Answers (1) on Hairfall and dandruff

Hi. You may be suffering from early onset androgenetic alopecia and Seborrhoea capitis. Does your father or brother or maternal uncles have balding? This could genetically predispose you to balding. Further environmental factors could cause you to lose hair further. You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet. For dandruff you'll also need anti fungal shampoo along with tar based ones. Hope this helps. Consult a dermatologist.Let me know if you need any further assistance in this regard. Warm regards.