Hairfall and bald spot

I am having excessive hair fall since a year, there are few small bald patches also showing on my head. I have shown a dermatologist and also used his medicines for two months but that didnt work. I also have excessive dandruff on my scalp. It is not male pattern baldness and noone in my family is bald. can you suggest me the reason for this excessive hairfall and also how i can have a proper dandruff free hair growth in the future?

Doctor Answers (1) on Hairfall and bald spot

Dr. Zubin Mandlewala Mumbai | Trichologist
Hi. Hair fall can be due to many reasons. It is not necessary that as no one in ur fMily had any such hairball that u Also shouldnt. A proper assessment is required. Do u feel ur shedding more Than 100 hair a day? Things like stress, Recent febrile states, crash dieting, thyroid, etc all can play a role in hair fall. With regards to dandruff, again a Dermatologist has to assess if it is actually dandruff and not something else. In either case a 2% ketoconazole based shampoo may help. Regards, Dr. Zubin Mandlewala MUMBAI