Hairfall after dengue

I'm suffering from intense hairfall from the past two weeks. This started when I went for swimming for straight 3 days. I had put on swimming cap and took bath immediately after swimming. But my hair got frizzy and dry and there has been massive hairfall since then. I also had dengue 3 months back. Now my hair has become so week even applying a mild pressure pulls out 2-3 hairs from the roots. I have applied egges and curd on hair but it did not solved the hairfall problem. Is this a condition telogen effluvium that usually occurs post dengue? How long is it supposed to last? Should I do some blood test? Which blood test? What precautions should I be taking? Thanks in advance.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Greetings. Yes you seem to have rightly identified the cause for your hair fall. It appears to be telogen effluvium which usually subsides in four to eight weeks in most patients. Maintain a good healthy balanced diet and use mild shampoos and less pressure while washing and combing hair. Warm regards