Hair thinning & hairfall

I have been experiencing frequent hairfall.hair have also become very thin and the volume has also decreased.i have to shampoo my hair daily as i am also facing dandruff issue.everyday after bath i can see many strands of hair in my towel and even on the floor,even though i maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly. What may be the reason for the same? What amount of hairfall is common among males and in what case do i need to visit a doctor?

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair thinning & hairfall

Male pattern baldness (MPB) is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender, socioeconomic status and internal health. With increasing affordability people are more aware of the cosmetic appearance and hair fall forms a major part of the complaints. It is more difficult to manage if there is a family member with similar hair fall, it indicates genetics and we know that the person is destined to lose hair if not intervened and corrective measures are not taken. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil in 5% strength). One needs to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Minoxidil is recommended by US-FDA for indefinite usage. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth.
Further information is in the following weblink https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-and-scalp-problems/hair-loss
Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.