Hair problems

I am facing dandruff and hair loss problem..My hair becomes oily and sticky wenevr I go out..hence I have to wash my hair every alternate day..please help me cope with it.. Thanks

Doctor Answers (2) on Hair problems

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
My question is how many hair do you lose everyday? Sounds funny but please count at least 3 to 4 times a week so that you get an idea. 100 hair strands can be lost everyday. Anything less than that is physiological, meaning a normal reaction of the body. Plus, women shed their hair 2 to 3 times a year.. in the summer or winter our rainy season. This is called seasonal 'shedding' and is again a normal reaction. But if you ask me... even for a problem as small as dandruff you should plan a visit to a dermatologist . You will not only get the correct treatment but it will help you understand what dandruff is also about and how to control it. Also, washing your hair everyday is fine as long you understand the exact NEEDS (in terms of shampoos and conditioners) of your hair. So ... visit a dermatologist :)
It's OK to wash hair every other day. Keep hair as clean as possible. Cover hair while travelling. Use anti dandruff shampoo like Scalpe once a week. You can go through my health feed on practo : Understanding dandruff. Hope this helps.