Hair problem
I have got dry and rough hair from birth. I want to have soft and silky hairs. My hairs are thick. Should I do some hair treatments like smoothening and straightening. Will it affect my hair. What exactly should I do for this.is there any other way..

Dr. Rasya Dixit
Hi We cannot change the quality of our hair completely. However using the right products for grooming will surely help.  Try using a ph balanced conditioning shampoo as well as conditioner.  rinse off conditioner with cold water. Avoid exposing hair to too much sun or hard water or wind and humidity. Eat healthy and include lots of protein and omega fatty acids in your diet. chemical treatment only offer temporary solution and hair which grows out is still the same. chemical treatment also can cause lots of hair fall as well