Hair loss problem

I am in Bangalore , getting hair loss problem a lot, Bangaloreans have this prob because here the water is hard and too much pollution, I starred to wash my hair with purifier , and was taking biotin after consulting with a Dermatologist, after a year I am loosing more hair, so I don't know whether it is genetic or not ? How to know that what is the reason that causing hair loss ? Any test ? One doctor suggested me to take minoxidil , but people , who are using this, has shared that they are getting more hair loss after this and after 2 months new hair will come but if they leave it , then all the hair will fall down again and they shared also minoxidil is not good for skin , so any permanent solution is there ? Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair loss problem

Hi. Greetings. Your concerns are genuine. However it's a matter of perspective n understanding the patho- physiology of hair fall. If being in Bangalore was the only issue - if at all - then all bangaloreans should have been bald !!! Minoxidil is standard treatment for hair loss. You need to be adequately informed about it's use. See a qualified dermatologist near you. For further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards.