Hair loss problem

I am having suddenly hair loss problem after taking the medicine of thyroid named thyroform. I am having hair loss in very huge quantity. Please suggest what to do. And whom to consult. If possible pls suggest doctor in Ahmedabad.
views-icons 27 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair loss problem

Greetings. It's not that taking that tablet would be causing the problem. Infact you must have had hypothyroidism for some time and if I have understood correctly, it's been diagnosed recently. The insult to hair root during the time of hypothyroidism would make roots week. So as your hormonal levels stabilise, hair fall will stop and hair will regrow. Get tsh levels checked every three months initially till the dose of thyronorm is stabilised. See a qualified dermatologist/ endocrinologist near you. Warm regards. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging.