Hair loss problem

Hello respected doctors.I am 18 years old from Kolkata & I am suffering from hair loss it is very frustrating as my friends make fun of me etc.My uncles are bald.So if it is genetic does that mean it will never stop it's happening since last 3 years.I having male pattern baldness some people say.please if there is any remedy advise me. Thank you

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair loss problem

Dr. Varun Sarin Dehradun | Trichologist
Hairfall at your age is unusual just to check upon a few things. 1. Do you or anyone in your family have any thyroid disorder. 2. Did you suffer from any disease like malaria, typhoid or dengue in the last 6 months. 3. Did you do dieting in the last 6 months. 4. Is anyone else in your family having hairfall. If answer to any of these basic question is yes, then its better to consult a dermatologist for further evaluation. Sometimes anemia is a common cause for hairfall in your age. So get yourself investigated and get treated by a good dermatologist.
consult a dermatologist nearby