Hair loss problem
Hello respected doctors.I am 18 years old from Kolkata & I am suffering from hair loss it is very frustrating as my friends make fun of me etc.My uncles are bald.So if it is genetic does that mean it will never stop it's happening since last 3 years.I having male pattern baldness some people say.please if there is any remedy advise me. Thank you
53 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Varun Sarin
Trichologist 8 yrs exp Dehradun

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

Hairfall at your age is unusual just to check upon a few things. 1. Do you or anyone in your family have any thyroid disorder. 2. Did you suffer from any disease like malaria, typhoid or dengue in the last 6 months. 3. Did you do dieting in the last 6 months. 4. Is anyone else in your family having hairfall. If answer to any of these basic question is yes, then its better to consult a dermatologist for further evaluation. Sometimes anemia is a common cause for hairfall in your age. So get yourself investigated and get treated by a good dermatologist.
Next Steps
consult a dermatologist nearby
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.