Hair loss due to Fin

Hello All, It's been since 2-3 months I have started taking Finasteride 1mg daily (Finax from Dr.Reddy's) The hair loss has worsen in these 2 months, its like I have lost all my hairs in front (temple) and can see the scalp easily. Will I regain those lost hairs, should I continue taking Finasteride? Please help me..

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair loss due to Fin

Hi. Don't lose hope. Certainly your lost hair can be regained. Provided we are under regular follow up and prompt with hair care and it's medication. Finasteride is a good drug for controlling hair loss- androgenetic alopecia type. However it may be futile to take the same for other causes of hair loss. Therefore, I would want to examine you before I would prescribe or before i could ask you to continue the same. Finasteride is not an over the counter drug and should be taken with monitoring n prescription of a dermatologist only. Kindly let me know if you need any further assistance in this regard. Take care .