Hair loss and dandruff

I am currently suffering from hair loss and dandruff problems. My hair growth used to be good but now hair have become thin in specific areas and scalp also pains a lot while combing.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair loss and dandruff

You must be having a certain type of hair fall which can be determined by consultation with a dermatologist. Pain while combing can suggest a bacterial folliculitis. For hair loss of the common type. i.e Male pattern baldness, the treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. being accepted by dermatologists all over the world.