Hair-loss & its treatment

Hello As all women are having common issue of HAIR LOSS. I am suffering from the same. I am 29yr single women from ahmedabad. i am having healthy life style & having proper diet. Using paraben free shampoo & conditioner.oiling my hair twice in a week. In last 4 yrs i have lost my 60% hair. :( My hair is growing normally. Ie: if i take hair cut today, my hair regrow to same length in next 60 days. My issue is that hairs are thinning & hair loss is constant. Some of my friend has suggest me hair for sure tonic. Is it safe?? Please guide me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair-loss & its treatment

Thanks for the query. FPB is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender and internal health. The treatment typically consists of topical lotion (Minoxidil). Based on the cause of hair loss, certain specific medications can also be started. It also depends on the age of the patient and if planning for conception or not. Various issues need to be decided before initiating the treatment. The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth.
Hair fall treatment needs proper assessment to find the cause and to address it specifically. A trichoscan and trichogram are objective methods of assessment and is highy recommended, though it is difficult to find a clinic which offers that. Hair fall treatment consist of arresting the hair fall and subsequently adding density and improving the texture and quality.
One needs to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement.