Hair loss @ 21 years
I'm 21 y/o and am experiencing severe hair loss since the last 1 week. This is really making me tensed and I don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. Greetings. If the hair fall has been of recent or sudden onset , it's likely due to acute telogen effluvium. This could occur as a result of recent stress in the last six months in the form of a surgery, weight loss, infection, fever, extreme emotional stress or physical. It should settle in a few days to weeks. If not see a qualified dermatologist near you. Warm regards Dr Govind Suresh Mittal.