Hair growth on ears

Since a year now, have started experiencing growth of few long strands of hair on my ear. Will this increase with age? Is there any way to stop the growth (apart from regularly trimming the hair strands)?

Dr. Rajdeep

Hairy pinna or hypertrichosis lanuginosa aquisita is a condition that is inherited. That means you get it from your parent. The gene for this lies on the y chromosome. This is found only in males, so it means you got it from your father who got it from his father and so on. If you want permanent or long term hair reduction I would advise you to go for LASER or electrolysis. LASER is safer and painless. Will require several sessions but is very effective. You can contact a dermatologist near you who has a hair removal laser machine. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore