Hair fall problem

Is there any scientifically proven technique that has a more than 90 percent success rate in preventing hair fall or in initiating hair growth? I know there are thousands of advises on the Internet on ways to improve the situation, but I want to know if there is any that is actually scientifically proven (through rigorous testing)? Thanks Jimmy

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair fall problem

Thanks for the query. I assume that you have MPB as that is the most common cause for hair loss at your age. Male pattern baldness (MPB) is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender, socioeconomic status and internal health. With increasing affordability people are more aware of the cosmetic appearance and hair fall forms a major part of the complaints. It is more difficult to manage if there is a family member with similar hair fall, it indicates genetics and we know that the person is destined to lose hair if not intervened and corrective measures are not taken. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil in 5% strength). One needs to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Minoxidil is recommended by US-FDA for indefinite usage. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions (4-6) roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results. All these therapies are scientifically proven but efficacy varies among populations and individuals based on many factors.
Further authentic information is in the following weblink
One needs to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement.