Hair Fall and weakening
Hi doctor, I know this is a very common question and there are no specific answers for this but since I'm suffering much, hence, the question, again. I'm suffering fro too much hair fall and I really do not want to visit a doctor for this issue since, I have visited more than 4 and there is no improvement in this case. Also, I have done all the tests as prescribed the doctors and all the reports are fine, except for Vit D, which is pretty low. I am taking Uprise d for that, weekly once. I wanted to know some of the general do's and don'ts which will help me to cope with my problem. Also, this issue started since I shifted to Bangalore, 2 years back. Here, people have hair and skin problems because of the water and pollution. Is there something that you would recommend- like any particular shampoo or oil or similar stuff? Would be great. Thanks, doctor.

Dr. Ravishankar Dwivedi
Dermatologist 18 yrs exp Ranchi
Hi. Do you really think an online opinion will be better than direct consultation with a trained dermatologist! Anyway, most common cause for hair loss in females in your age group is nutritional deficiency followed by hormonal problems. Take healthy diet which includes a good breakfast, protein and vitamins. Sprouts fruits and egg white gives good nutrition for hair growth. If your hair loss doesn't improve you need to get your thyroid and  ovarian hormones checked. Hope this helps. Wishing you fast recovery