Hair fall and thinning

Since last 2-3 years I have been experiencing hairfall and now the hairs have become very thin. Scalp can easily be seen. I consulted a Dr. last year and he told me that it was due to eating disorder and gave me a supplement. Hair condition improved a bit for 3-4 months but again it has started falling. None of my immediate or extended family has hair fall issue.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair fall and thinning

Hi. You may be suffering from early onset androgenetic alopecia. Does your father or brother or maternal uncles have balding? This could genetically predispose you to balding. Further environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause you to lose hair further. You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet. Your hair density can be restored if you take timely treatment and care of your hair.See a dermatologist near you. Hope this helps. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards.