Hair and skin

I have dandruff n itchy scalp.. I searched onlin n hve been usin neutrogena t gel shampoo from past 5months.. Nw... My hair is so dry n itchiness can be controlled jus fr 2 days. So im shampooing my hair fr evry coupl of days.is there any beter solution for this prblm...note- My workin environment is full of dust n pollution.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Dandruff is the result of excessive oil application compounded by a fungal overgrowth. So consider discontinuation of oils and start using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo atleast for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment plans. This will give you good hair quality as well. Hope it helps you.