GYNAEOLOGICAL

Hello Doctor, My girlfriend experiencing white discharge from vagina regularly and itching problem in that portion...

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question It is likely that you both share the infection and it travels back and forth. I would suggest that you see a specialist in gynaecology as well as skin and DVD. It is important for both of you to be frank with your sexual history. Having more than one sexual partner increases your risk of getting sexually transmitted infections exponentially. Tracing your contacts and treating them as well is an important part of treatment. Please also enquire about vaccination that is available. The gynaecologist will be able to assess if the infection is limited to the vagina or has spread internally. Both require different assessment and treatment. hope this helps