Gynaecological

I am currently on Diane 35 for the past 4 months. I have been married 6 months back. It was given to me as birth control as well as to treat borderline pcos. Since last two months I am having continuous intermenstrual bleeding in form of small clots. Last month periods extended for 16 days n then spotting continued.

Dr. Panchani
Gynecologist 8 yrs exp Surat

thnxs for your Question i think dr. neelima mam explain nicely. i agree with her
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. It is unusual to get intermenstrual bleeding after being on this pill for so long. Other reasons for the bleeding could be missed pills or an infection on the cervix. Rarely the more delicate  cells of the cervix can grow outwards and this can cause bleeding too especially after intercourse. You will need to see a gynaecologist so that the cervix can be looked at. They will be able to guide you regarding treatment. Best wishes