Gynaecological

I am 50 yr old female menopause one and half yr.recently had heavy bleeding upon which consulted my gynecologist and performed an ultrasound which showed a cyst on my left ovary of size 7mm and a bulky uterus.The doctor asked for a endometrial biopsy of which there was no evidence of dysplasia and malignancy .I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroid and taking thyroxine 50mcg. I would like to have a second opinion on the recommended treatment

Well it's good that you've already underwent endometrial biopsy because at your age the usual suspect would be of any dysplasia or malignancy now for the cyst is better you undergo intervention by removal of it as well as hysterectomy in order to avoid future complications ..i would suggest you to carry on your reports and consultant other gynecologist... as far as your thyroid symptoms are concerned you need to get it checked again only after 3 months and then decide whether to increase or reduce the dose... thank you
DR .V.HARI PRASAD
General Physician 5 yrs exp Chittoor
Go for hysterectomy.you are 50 years.if young women without children I might have recommended non surgical treatment.if you are given nonsurgical treatment your problem can be solved.but in future the similar problem again may come to you.in future new problems may occur to your uterus.after hysterectomy (surgical management) consultant an endocrinologist whether hormone replacement necessary or not .regarding hypothyroid,please have your surgery where intensive care availability is present.
Dr. Prashant Kini
General Endocrinologist 10 yrs exp Mumbai
Continue thyroid treatment Important to keep a check on thyroid function tests If bleeding recurs after thyroid treatment it has to be investigated